Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mango Ice Lollies- Summer Delight on a Stick

Photobucket

I got the moulds for ice sticks recently thinking I will make something for my nieces when they come for a visit next month....I washed the mould n' left it to dry n' RJ walks in at the end of the day sees them in the kitchen n' he is immediately like..."oh wow, you are gonna make me some ice sticks?"...honestly I just loved the idea...I mean I used to eat them by the dozens when we were kids....I can remember the days when I would stick out my tongue to check the color after having grapes, orange, mango ice sticks (we used to call them ice lollies). I have already done couple of batches so far n' we love them. They are just perfect for the hot summer n' so easy...:)

Photobucket

Ingredients:
Makes about 4 ice lollies

1. Ripe Mangoes: 3nos (Medium Sized)
2. Sugar: as per taste (check to see if needed)

Method:
1. Peel and de-stone the mango.
2. Chop them into small pieces.
3. Blend the mangoes and sugar together.
4. Fill the ice lolly moulds with the puree and freeze. (add a little water only if the puree is too thick)

Kids would just love this homemade treat....why kids? like us, you might enjoy them too...:)

Photobucket

I'm sending this post to 'Healing Food- Mango' event hosted by Reva of Kaarasaaram this month, also linking Siri of Cooking with Siri .



Also, sending this post to the event 'Kids Delight' hosted this month by Mina of Authentic Vegetarian Recipes, this event was initiated by Srivalli of Spice your Life.

12 comments:

  1. good..i was gonna suggest u make the pics larges..i think they are absolute ts and fg material :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks nish....I'm glad I did it already n' that you like it...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prefect pops for this hot climate, feel like grabbing..very refreshing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - So lovely they look that I want one of those..or two..or more :))
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone who is 2 1/2 and sitting on my lap drowsy from the paracetamol he had for fever,jumped with joy and exclaimed "colors colors, I love them " pointing his lil fingers to your lollies :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miri, the photos are gorgeous! I wish it was already Summer here..doesn't matter if its still freaking cold, I would want that stick anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Namitha...haha...i'm glad it brgt a smile on ur son's face....

    @CL....thank u.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such a colorful looking pops...looks so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... that is one awesome delight.. First time treat and I am treated with this sweet treat.. The colour and the presentation is truly eyecatching:)) Thanks for sending it for the event, otherwise I wouldn't have had the pleasure of visiting your blog so soon... beautiful collection of recipes..great work:) glad to follow u..
    Reva
    www.kaarasaaram.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these ice lollies!! I have washed mine out to try something similar to your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So temptingly delicious... love to try them out !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails