Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Noodle Omelette (or Should I say) Noodle Frittata


This happens to be my 50th post and seems like it took me a long while to reach here...my sister n' mom saw my foodblog only recently and were quite impressed that the skinny gal who would eat only pickle n' tamarind (most of the time even for meals) is considering a variety of dishes now...:D...i remember how i used to trouble amma when i'm back from school (actually even when i was in college) for an evening snack...somehow that was the most important meal of the day for me then. I was easy n' difficult (according to amma) to feed. ;)...easy coz you could give me my favourite dishes everyday n i wouldn't complain. But now that i have started cooking n' RJ is like me...i have started appreciating how this habit can be difficult as well...coz its so boring to make the same thing over n' over again...;)

Anyways my recipe today was something my mom used to make for me....especially as an evening snack...i used to like this a lot n' i decided to make this for RJ recently...give it a try especially if you have kids...they will love this...adding cooked chicken pieces to this can even make this a meal i guess....;)...so here you go...

Ingredients:

1. Noodles: 100gms
2. Eggs: 4nos
3. Onion: 2nos medium (sliced)
4. Tomatoes: 1no (chopped)
5. Taste Maker: 1 sachet (or as required)
6. Cheese: 2-3 tsp (grated)
7. Butter: enough to grease the pan
8. Salt: to taste (keeping in mind that the tastemaker has salt as well)
9. Green Chili: 1no (seeded n' chopped)

Method:

Step 1: Cook the noodles and keep aside.

Step 2: Saute the sliced onion till tender.

Step 3: Add the tomatoes and the green chili to this and cook for a while.

Step 4: Add the tastemaker, if using at this stage.

Step 5: Mix in the cooked noodles with the above.

Step 6: Beat the eggs well and pour half of it into a non stick pan. Add the noodles mixture to this. Let it be for a minute or less.

Step 7: Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of this. Pour the rest of the beaten egg on top.

Step 8: Cover it with a lid n' cook on low flame. Add salt if required and its ready. (I flipped it with great difficulty just to ensure that both the sides are cooked evenly. If you don't want to flip it n' covering the pan with the lid is not giving you the results you desire...just pop this into the oven for a while n' that should ensure the top is cooked well without you having to flip it.)

So here i'm dedicating my 50th post to my amma...the most important person in my life.

15 comments:

  1. Very innovative way of using noodles, sounds great, very interesting omlette..sure to try this,thanks for sharing miri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sushma...thank u for the comment...for rice n' noodle recipes the first blog i think of is yours.....:D...so if you haven't tried this...do give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love noodles but never thought of adding it to make an omelette. Looks very delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary...thank u...do give it a try...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempting frittata, never thought of making with noodles, truly yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. never thought of this Miri...il give it a shot on my next brunch expedition

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love noodles but never thought of adding it to make an omelette. Looks very delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome snack/breakfast choice. A noodle frittata sounds new and looks very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello really good idea yarr..used to try different kind of omlette but never tried this noodles..looks so delicious..nice pic too..thanks for sharing such a new idea dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a unique noodle recipe! cant wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading ur first half just feeling that u have written about me...I am feeling happy too getting another one like me....hahaha...

    The dish is really very innovative...I think its a very healthy and fuller too...must be very tasty also...thanks for sharing dear this wonderful dish....have a nice day....

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow.. very nice recipe.. do visit my site whenever.. following you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an interesting recipe with noodles .Can't wait to try

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the idea of this - noodle omelette!

    P.S Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really nice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails