Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Spinach Salad with Alfalfa Sprouts and Feta Cheese
I posted some of the food pics on my facebook profile and i came across this snap i had taken a while back n' had forgotten to post it here...the recipe was downloaded....but i made a few changes n' omissions here n' there...the reason why i decided to give it a try was coz i had found this packet of Alfalfa Sprouts and wanted to make something with them....so here you go..
1. Spinach: 450gms (cleaned and dried)...(i didn't have any when i wanted to make this so i used lettuce instead...)*
2. Alfalfa Sprouts: 1/2 cup
3. Feta Cheese:1/2 cup (crumbled)
4. Apple: 1no (sliced into matchsticks)
* i'm sorry i left the name of the dish as a spinach salad itself even though i didn't use it myself...the reason why i didn't change the name to a lettuce salad is cause i really think that this will taste even better with spinach than lettuce.
1 Yogurt: 1/2 cup (low-fat)
2. Garlic: 2 tsp (minced)
3. Fresh Parsley: 1/2 cup (chopped)-(i added mint leaves instead)
4. Light Mayonnaise:3 tbsp
5. Dijon mustard:2 tsp
6. Fresh Basil: 1/4 cup chopped (didn't have any with me)
7. Orange Juice: of one orange
8. Salt and pepper to taste
9. Sunflower seeds: 3 tbsp (to garnish) (i added pomegranate seeds instead)
Step 1: In a medium sized bowl whisk all dressing ingredients together starting with the yogurt excluding sunflower or pomegranate seeds .
Step 2: Cover and let stand in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours to allow the flavour to develop.
Step 1: In a large bowl toss the spinach together with dressing. Add the remaining ingredients (sprouts, feta cheese and apple) and top with Sunflower/ Pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.