Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes (Oh! I love them.....)

After my happy experiences with the Blueberry n Banana Muffins and the Mangoes n' Figs Muffins, I decided to learn cupcakes. Both Rj n' me, we love vanilla cupcakes. Ok, I stand corrected, he loves it more than me. We used to buy them often before, but he turned sugar conscious a while ago n' we stopped buying them. I baked these babies n' he is begging for more on most days. Ever since I tried them the first time, I have made them twice again after that. That's how good this recipe is.

Photobucket


Photobucket


The recipe source? Ria's Collection. If you check her blog, on the homepage it self, you will see these oh! so pretty vanilla cupcakes she had baked recently with a friend. I had visited her blog to check out another recipe, but I saw these n' fell in love instantly. I just had to try them, n' the cupcakes comes out perfectly. The texture is just great. I didn't use the chocolate frosting, that will go well with this, just coz we like them plain. The lesson I learned from it? Find a reliable source for good simple baking recipes n' I can get over my fear and have good results. I haven't changed the recipe much, I have just reduced the amount of salt by half from Ria's recipe. With this I learnt the simple n' yummy basic cupcakes. My sincere thank you to Ria for sharing such a nice recipe.

Photobucket


Ingredients:
(Makes about 16 cupcakes if you are using big cupcake liners)
1. All purpose flour: 2 cups
2. Baking powder: 2 tsp
3. Salt: 1/4 tsp (omit if you are using salted butter)
4. Castor sugar: 1 cup
5. Unsalted butter: 1/2 cup (room temperature)
6. Eggs: 2nos
7. Milk: 1/2 cup (room temperature)
8. Vanilla extract: 2 tsp

Method:

Step 1: Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F. Keep the cupcake trays also ready by placing the cupcake liners in them.

Step 2: Sift the dry ingredients (Flour, Baking Powder and Salt) together, if possible, thrice.

Step 3: Cream the butter and sugar for 3 mins.Add in the eggs one by one and beat it will for 1 minute after each addition. (I'm guessing the time is mentioned coz we need to get the consistency right, I loved that bit of precision in the recipe. Great for an amateur like me.)

Step 4: Next with the motor running,add the sifted flour and milk alternately starting and ending with flour.By now the batter should be light and fluffy.

Step 5: Spoon it into the cupcake liners, about 2/3 rd's full, which will be about 2 1/2 tbsp.

Step 6: Bake for 20-25 mins or till the top is lightly golden brown in colour and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (it took mine only about 20mins)

Step 7: Remove from the tin immediately and let it cool completely before frosting (if you opt to frost it).


Photobucket


Photobucket


Honestly, I loved this recipe n' it helps me produce great results. In a span of 3 weeks, I have made this three times. Having guests at home helps. :) Happy cooking!!! or better still Happy Baking!!! :)

23 comments:

  1. Awesome, Miriam! Thanks so much for trying! And you are correct, you need to have a trustworthy source for recipes and which is why I follow mostly my family recipes :)

    Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww... Looks super soft and delicious.. Thanks for the wonderful recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,gorgeous cup cakes, even I had posted vanilla cup cakes, recipe source was Magnolia Bakery, New York. Urs looks absolutely picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look divine,soft and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooow luv the vanillla cupcakes ..... Can you post me some :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so moist & yummilicious!!! Seems like u r finally beginning to master 'Cake Making'!! Keep at it!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow awesome baking success dear.....perfect....keep going dear! great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and delicious looking cupcakes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now THAT looks gorgeous ~ what a perfect bake!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks superb..I tried them too and just loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cupcakes Miri!They look so soft and fluffy:)

    Cheers,
    Wit,wok&wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are the perfect cupcakes...looks so fluffy n soft. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i love them too...vanilla cake is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cupcakes look perfect! My husband is a HUGE fan of simple vanilla cupcakes. I have tried several eggless recipes but all failed :( i think i should try this one with eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a beautiful and tempting looking cupcakes..lovely pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to see that you are in love with baking, finally :-)These cupcakes look perfect, see you've become a master already :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Satrupa would just love to send you someover...:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stumbled upon your blog from foodgawker. I am loving all your posts. I am sure I will come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the pics with the bow! simple but stunning!
    greetings from germany!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails